[tor-relays] sharing tor relay at night or working hours ? make sense ?

f55jwk4f at vfemail.net f55jwk4f at vfemail.net
Mon Jun 12 03:50:56 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 09:00:48AM -0700, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:
> ok , if I will replace configuration file with the new settings, do I need
> to reload or restart my tor node ?
> I do not want to loose my active connections. How to do it properly ?

Tor has a control port that can be used to change configuration
on-the-fly.  And there's a library to talk to it in Python called Stem.
(https://stem.torproject.org/)  With Stem, you'd do something like this:

from stem.control import Controller

with Controller.from_port(port = 9051) as controller:
    controller.authenticate()
    controller.set_options({
      "BandwidthRate": "1073741824",
      "BandwidthBurst": "1073741824",