[tor-relays] no abuse complaints?

Erik Winter djhenk at zerocontent.org
Thu Jul 13 08:24:12 UTC 2017

This might be a bit of a weird question, but I keep wondering about it,
so I'll try it anyway.

Since April I run an exit node, this one to be precise:

84FAA41C7A7E83EC18964683E1DBA4B6C9E63492

According to Atlas, it works as it should. I have an exit page and a
whois, both with valid email adresses. There is some spam filtering, but
I also check that folder. In those months, I have received no complaints
at all. Not one mail was sent about the exit.

Now, this is of course a good thing. We don't want complaints. But it is
not what I expected and what I prepared for, so I keep wondering whether
I'm doing something wrong.

I live in The Netherlands and the level of education about Tor is
supposed be high. That might keep authoroties from complaining, but I
also heard about bots that send copyright violation notices. So far,
they haven't been able to find me

Any ideas?

Erik Winter