[tor-relays] keys.gnupg.net broken; can't add Debian Tor repo

paul at paulfurley.com paul at paulfurley.com
Tue Jul 11 01:37:44 UTC 2017

 On the SSL issue: keys.gnupg.net is an alias to the SKS keyserver pool, which is a number of public volunteer run servers:

https://sks-keyservers.net/status/

My guess is you hit a misconfigured one that redirected you to TLS without checking what host you requested.

For example I redirect http://keyserver.paulfurley.com to https://keyserver.paulfurley.com *only* if the requested host is keyserver.paulfurley.com. Otherwise I would serve a certificate with a mismatching domain.

I'd recommend posting your finding to the sks-devel mailing list since it's probably something the pool should look out for and warn servers they're misconfigured. (I'll post it in the morning if you like.)

Paul