[tor-relays] [OT] VPNGate needs nodes

Juha Nurmi juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi
Tue Jan 31 08:36:10 UTC 2017

On 31.01.2017 10:23, grarpamp wrote:
> For those of you offering more than one service on your box,
> an example among many other circumvention / overlay networks
> you might like to support...
> http://www.vpngate.net/

"VPN Gate is based on SoftEther VPN, a multi-protocol VPN server."

Are people familiar with SoftEther VPN? [1] I have been studying it and
it looks very sophisticated peace of software. Softether and Tor Project
even share similar agenda [2].

Softether enables VPN over ICMP and VPN over DNS by default! [3] I would
like to build new Tor obfuscation plugins using their code but I haven't
find voluntary people to help me  with that. I am not skilled enough to
do this alone: extract this code from Softether and build new pluggable
transport modules.

[1] https://www.softether.org/
[2] https://www.softether.org/9-about
[3]