[tor-relays] assign_to_cpuworker failed

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Tue Jan 24 09:04:00 UTC 2017

Petrusko:
>> Probably there is a memory leakage somewhere that makes everything fail
>> and get process eventually killed by OS.

> You're right Ivan,
> my bad !
> Swap has grown quickly and has been full... Ok, it was a test with
> another instance... so I'll kill this other instance :(

There is nothing wrong at your side. You're probably experiencing the
same issue as in ticket I've mentioned earlier. "a memory leakage
somewhere" means that this "somewhere" is a place in tor code and
probably triggered remotely. This definitely ought to be fixed since it
may be a DoS vulnerability (process crash).
So if you have some details on this issue please report them to the
mentioned ticket.

Thanks,
--
Ivan Markin