[tor-relays] Atlas: Short term bandwidth charts missing ?

mistral.relay at posteo.net mistral.relay at posteo.net
Sun Jan 22 08:55:43 UTC 2017

Many thanks for the reply including the link to the open ticket! I
really hope that this gets sorted out at some point. I spent quite some
time to sort out what might be wrong with my setup but good to know the
issue is not on my side.

I think both - short-term and long-term - statistics are valuable.
Short-term to control the impact of changes (some OS fine-tuning,
routing changes, bandwidth changes,...) and long-term to see how stable
everything is and how much a node is actually used and how it develops
over time.

To avoid misreading and confusion there should be no blank chars shown
on Atlas when there is nothing available to fill them with data. This
includes long-term charts where no recent data is shown (e.g even on a
five-year graph I would expect to see data even if the node is maybe up
for two years only).

Hopefully, Atlas will provide that info in more complete and obvious,
understandable way sometime. I definitely appreciate the work behind it!
  :-)