[tor-relays] Middle relay still an useful contribution?

Olaf Grimm dl1hqd at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 19:59:42 UTC 2017

I thinking about a bridge too. But which port is not censored in China?
I have read an article about the firewall of China. They doing DPI and
filtering all encrypted traffic. Obfsproxy should be a good choice. A
short test give me some experience for tor connections, but more traffic
inside as outside (asymmetric). I'm not sure that will work right.

A middle node need some days to get some traffic. An exit node is at
full power in some hours. The guard flag for the middle nodes came after
2 weeks, I think.

Can someone give me a proposal for a bridge port that is usefull for
censored countries?

Olaf