[tor-relays] Middle relay still an useful contribution?

Christian Pietsch christian.pietsch at digitalcourage.de
Tue Jan 17 16:29:13 UTC 2017

Hi Ortez,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 10:32:44AM -0500, Ortez wrote:
> Not right now. I know bridges are needed for users in countries like china and so on, but are they used much?

Yes. A bridge will utilize your server's bandwidth just as nicely as
an exit relay would. Someone recently posted impressive diagrams to
illustrate this, but I cannot find them now. In addition, please try
to install a pluggable transport such as obfs4 to make your bridge
more censorship-resistant!

Thanks for asking!
C:

--
Christian Pietsch, volunteering for Digitalcourage e.V., Bielefeld, Germany
Nominations sought for the German Big Brother Awards: https://bigbrotherawards.de