[tor-relays] Middle relay still an useful contribution?

Ortez ortez at protonmail.ch
Tue Jan 17 14:59:09 UTC 2017

Hello tor relay operators,
I'm thinking about creating another tor middle relay, but i'm not sure if this is still a good contribution to the tor network. When i'm looking at some of the relay stats out there, there are so many middle relays, which getting almost no traffic. If i purchase a server, i want to make sure the money i will spend every month will make a difference. I know, an exit node may be the better option and those will get a lot of traffic, but i'm not very happy with the consequences which i may face. It's also very difficult to find a provider, which is cool with an exit node. Whats your opinion?