[tor-relays] Proposing an Exit Node

Kenneth Freeman kencf0618 at riseup.net
Tue Jan 17 06:08:33 UTC 2017

On 01/16/2017 11:49 AM, Olaf Grimm wrote:
> An exit node at home is funny. Last year I've got visitors from law
> enforcement early in the morning. Now I have some new "friends" from the
> police department.
>
> Be warned! They take a look on bad movies and assume you are the one...
>
> Now I have my servers outside and at home a middle node only.

This is best practice. And even under a proposed corporate aegis (LLC,
nonprofit hackerspace, etc.) CP always comes up and the pearl clutching
commences. FBI raids, PR, yadda-yadda-yadda... You have no ethical or
criminal liability for criminal usage of the network, but that said you
really need to be loaded for bear to run an exit node.