[tor-relays] exitnodes blocking services

anondroid tor at anondroid.com
Mon Jan 16 05:29:21 UTC 2017

See tips 1 and 2 here: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node

"Get a separate IP for the node. Do not route your own traffic via this IP."

"In general, running an exit node from your home Internet connection is not recommended."

--

To answer your specific questions:

> why are these service getting blocked on my end?

The IP addresses of all nodes on the Tor network are publicly available, and they tend to wind up in various blacklists.

> wouldn't that mean that people using my exit node
> would be blocked to those websites as well?

Yes, unfortunately that's a real problem for Tor users. Sometimes we get captcha'd and other times we just get blocked.