[tor-relays] ansible-relayor, how to ?

Kurt Besig kbesig at socal.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 15:16:56 UTC 2017

On 1/9/2017 5:46 AM, Petrusko wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I'm planning to try the "ansible-relayor" to deploy some Tor relay
> instances.
> If I'm not wrong, it's a main goal ?
> 2 instances / IP...
>
> (soooory for being really noob about this!!!)
>
> But I'm lost... not found a tutorial, step by step, you know the
> tutorial so loved by all noobs!
>
> For now, on a fresh Debian8 install,
> there are :
> - tor 0.2.9.8 (fresh install from depo, client is ok when opening log file)
> - ansible
> - ansible-galaxy install nusenu.relayor
> - git clone https://github.com/nusenu/ansible-relayor
> (the folder is stored in my /home...)
>
> Will it configure (automatically) many torrc file per instance ? +every
> key files /relay ? (I'm not too much lost!)
> Do have I to do this install on every server built ? Or relayor can
> manage few servers on different locations ?
> Command lines list use this tool if available ?
>
> Many thx for help !!! (and hard work for this tool :)

You really don't need any third party software to run multiple tor
instances on the same IP. The only requirements that I know of would be
different ports for your or/dirports per relay and sufficient bandwidth.
I don't believe adding "Family" parameters is essential.
Once you get into /etc/tor/torrc, the default directory where torrc
lives, you'll find it's not all that complicated, just ask away here
after trying to honestly to research, attempt, various settings on your
own. People here are very forthcoming and knowledgeable.