[tor-relays] Running a relay with low transfer limits

Sec INT sec.int9 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:27:36 UTC 2017

I had a limit on one exit of 1000 gb per month - Ive set the speed as 5mbps which works for that limit (only measured on tx) so divide by 10 and youre looking at 0.5mbps on your torrc file setting - you can also set accountingmax so you dontgo over this.

 Also if its a new relay then the bandwidth will not get fully used for a couple of weeks giving a bit of leeway. You can also use vnstat via sendmail to ping you when you reach a certain usuage.

Cheers
Mark B
Snaptor.co.uk (non commercial)