[tor-relays] Running a relay with low transfer limits

ike tor at tagos.us
Wed Jan 4 18:54:23 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

Is there a generally accepted recommendation for how to set up a relay on a server with a fast connection but
limited monthly transfers, say less than 100GB each way per month?

Having done a bit of reading it seems daily limits are the way to go but I've found contradictory information
regarding also limiting the bandwidth. Should I keep the relay accepting traffic (albeit slowly) for most of
the day, allow a fast connection but for a very limited period every 24 hours or something in between.

Thanks,

Ike