[tor-relays] How can we trust the guards?

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 13:23:12 UTC 2017

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:34:19 +0000, Aeris wrote:
> And there is also an hardware bottleneck, because every components (mainly
> ethernet & SD card here) are connected to the same physical USB controller
> limited to 480Mbps for *overall* transfer (network + disk + others USB).

Which isn't that small. tor does not do disk (or 'other'), and 25MByte/s
is quite a lot - more than I can push with big iron due to traffic limits.

> No no, GB. 128GB is usual on server. We even begin to see 1TB RAM machine.

You mean 'this is what you usually get as a server machine',
not 'this is what tor typically uses, right?

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>