[tor-relays] Speed up of reconnections after IP Address change

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 07:31:37 UTC 2017

> On 22 Dec 2016, at 18:19, balbea16 <balbea16 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi There,
> I only have a dynamic IP address and my ISP changes it almost every time after 24 hours. It is somehow sad to see 1.400 connections drop to almost none. After the change it takes 20 minutes until my OR notices this (our IP Address has changed from ...). It than takes another hour until the connections start to actualy rebuild. This means it takes more than an hour  (every per day) to reach the normal operating Mode.
>
> Is there any way to speed up this process? Could adjust the torrc script for instance?

No, sorry, new relay details are only published in the tor consensus
every hour.

To reduce the 20 minute delay, you could write a script that issues a
SIGHUP (reconfigure) to tor when your address changes.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org