[tor-relays] How can we trust the guards?

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Mon Jan 2 13:56:18 UTC 2017

> > Tor model breaks down when facing a modest government adversary for the
> > simple reason that having only 7000 relays total, with a minority of
> > them carrying most of the traffic, invites cheap infiltration and
> > takeover by state adversaries.
>
> Yeah, that's a problem :(

That’s a theorical problem.
Currently, most of the major guard operators are well known people and no
doubt they’re not engaged with three-letter agencies.

	https://github.com/ornetstats/stats/blob/master/o/main_guard_operators.txt

Regards,
--
Aeris
Individual crypto-terrorist group self-radicalized on the digital Internet

Protect your privacy, encrypt your communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/