[tor-relays] How can we trust the guards?

Rana ranaventures at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:39:13 UTC 2017

@Sebastian
>> On 02 Jan 2017, at 07:28, Rana <ranaventures at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I already covered the "if it exists" part. Sticking to the original (old) design doc of Tor is not a practically useful strategy. I believe that Tor has MOSTLY such strong adversaries, the others do not matter much. You do not really use Tor to protect yourself from petty hackers, do you?

>I think the vast majority of Tor users are doing exactly that.

Then I can't accuse you of being inconsistent or illogical. I think, however, that you are very wrong. Petty hackers are not even remotely interested in destroying your anonymity. They are interested in your money. As long as they can have that, you can remain perfectly anonymous as far as they are concerned.