[tor-relays] descriptor-id calc tool?

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Tue Feb 28 02:09:00 UTC 2017

>> Is there a tool out there that tells me which HSDir is/will probably be
>> responsible for a given onion address (and at what time)?
>
> There's no tool, unless you can reverse SHA1.
> (Or brute-force a set of popular onion addresses.)

I probably was not very clear in my question. I'm not aiming for the
reverse path, just the normal calculation a tor client does given an
onion address but instead of just calculating the current descriptor-id,
print descriptor-ids for the future N days for onion address M (for the
pre-prop224 world).