[tor-relays] Reaching out to webiron

Andrew Deason adeason at dson.org
Sat Feb 11 05:50:11 UTC 2017

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 04:22:46 -0500
Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 02:36:30AM -0600, Andrew Deason wrote:
> > No no, that was just me thinking about how they could/should go about
> > it. I just meant, some form of downloading the entire list, instead of
> > checking one-by-one via TorDNSEL.
> >
> > If the consensus doc shouldn't be used for this, what should? Just
> > <https://check.torproject.org/exit-addresses>? I assumed lists like
> > these were gathered from network-status-consensus or something.
>
> You want the bulk exit list script:
>
> https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/TorBulkExitList.py
>
> For example,
>
> https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/TorBulkExitList.py?ip=128.31.0.39&port=80

That only works for a specific ip/port endpoint; I was wondering how to
get a list of all potential exits (say, everything with the Exit flag).
It seems like a service like WebIron may try to protect so many
endpoints that repeatedly querying TorBulkExitList.py for every single
one is impractical.

TorBulkExitList.py links to
<https://check.torproject.org/exit-addresses>, though, which is why I
asked about that.