[tor-relays] no ipv6 traffic from/to relays ?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 01:10:46 UTC 2017

> On 5 Feb 2017, at 08:54, Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Switching from 0.2.9.9 to 0.3.0.3-alpha now let 1/3 of my outgoing network traffic to exit ports (of my Tor exit relay) being ipv6.

Yes, this is expected, we fixed a bug in IPv6 exit policies in
0.3.0.2-alpha.

See:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2017-February/date.html

> OTOH there's more or less no ipv6 traffic from/to other relays.

Relays do not use the IPv6 ORPort at all.
Clients do not use the IPv6 ORPort unless specifically configured.

> Is this (another ipv6) bug/issue in Tor or just expected ?

Automatic client IPv6 is a feature that has not been implemented yet.
But we need relays to have IPv6 ORPorts before it will work.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org