[tor-relays] Problem upgrading Tor to 0.2.9.9 on Raspbian (Debian Jessie)

fr33d0m4all fr33d0m4all at riseup.net
Fri Feb 3 15:19:26 UTC 2017

Il 2017-02-03 08:28 Sean Greenslade ha scritto:
> On January 31, 2017 12:17:00 AM PST, fr33d0m4all
> <fr33d0m4all at riseup.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> this is not really a Tor issue, but I'd like to know if there is
>> someone
>> else like me that is having problems upgrading his Tor installation to
>> the latest version on its Raspberry (running Raspbian based on Debian
>> Jessie):
>
> Post this to a Rasbian list. It's a packaging issue, assuming you
> haven't done anything odd with your packages or repos.
>
> --Sean

Hi Sean,
the problem (if it is a problem) is within
http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/jessie/main/binary-armhf/Packages.gz
that lists tor-geoipdb 0.2.9.9-1~d80.jessie+1 for armhf architecture
(since it is a
multi-arch package) while it still lists tor 0.2.9.8-2~d80.jessie+1
So I don't think it is a Raspbian issue. Maybe it is not an issue at
all, they've
simply updated tor-geoipdb but have not completed testing tor for this
architecture
(it is available for amd64 arch for example), but I was used to get both
packages
almost immediately after the release in tor announce ML. Is it possible
that they've
forgot to build latest tor package for armhf architecture or is it
simply a matter
of time?

Best regards,
   Fr33d0m4All