[tor-relays] Decline in relays

Gary Smith jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 15:59:18 UTC 2017

I can only spare a few GB or so day from my home internet, so I set the
ACCOUNTING MAX daily limit to 3GB (in + out = 6GB) and RELAYBANDWIDTHRATE
to 200KB (BURST 400KB), after much experimenting this was the balance
between not hibernating before the 24hr are over and leaving enough bytes
left over for me + my house 4K netflix use.

Recently, 3GB daily limit hasn't been enough to last the 24 hours some days
it went offline at the afternoon, I raised ACCOUNTINGMAX to 4GB and it
seems fine.

Perhaps this is related to the recently trends (I am non-exit, middle
only). Unfortunately I do have to reboot my relay once a week or so due to
updates or other people I live with messing with the home router's reset
switch when they deem their netflix over wifi experience to be poor so I
will probably never get the guard flag.