[tor-relays] Can it be done? - IPv6 only Relay

Stijn Jonker sjcjonker at sjc.nl
Mon Dec 25 10:07:12 UTC 2017

Hi tor geniuses,

Having some bandwidth to spare, and "some" IPv6 addresses but no IPv4. I decided to setup an IPv6 only relay, and for diversity on OpenBSD, but I'm having trouble getting online.
Is there any feasible way to do this as IPv6 only relay?

[root at tornode2 tor]# grep -v -e ^$ -e ^# /etc/tor/torrc
SOCKSPort 0 # Default: Bind to localhost:9050 for local connections.
Log notice syslog
RunAsDaemon 1
DataDirectory /var/tor
ORPort 443
Address tornode2.sjc.nl
OutboundBindAddress [2001:x:x::x]
Nickname <<SNIP>>
DirPort 80
DirPortFrontPage /etc/tor/tor-exit-notice.html
MyFamily <<REMOVED>>
User _tor
ExitPolicy reject *:* # no exits allowed
ExitPolicy reject6 *:* # no exits allowed
AuthDirHasIPv6Connectivity 1
ClientUseIPv6 1
ClientPreferIPv6ORPort 1
ClientPreferIPv6DirPort 1