[tor-relays] first impression with 0.3.2.8-rcant a fast exit relay

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Fri Dec 22 14:48:50 UTC 2017

On 22 Dec (00:20:38), Toralf Förster wrote:
> With 0.3.2.7-rc the command
> 	/usr/sbin/iftop -B -i eth0 -P -N -n -m 320M
> showed every then and when (few times in a hour) for 10-20 sec a traffic value of nearly 0 bytes for the short-term period (the left of the 3 values).
> Usuaally I do poberve between 6 and 26 MByte/sec.
> With the Tor version from today now the outage is about 1-2 sec, but does still occur.

Not sure I fully understand here what you mean. For 1 to 2 sec  you see
0 bytes of outbound traffic :| ?

Doing the same on my fast non-Exit relay (~20MB/s) on the latest 0.3.2, I'm
always capped both ways on the connection.

This systematic delay really sounds more on the kernel side of things.

Are you on BSD or Linux?

Thanks!
David