[tor-relays] New Relay Online/Working on AWS Cloud Torproject

Gary Smith jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 10:08:39 UTC 2017

Hello.

I use AWS to test the alpha release, on the free tier. If you dont mind me
asking, I am interested to know what you are doing to avoid a bill Amazon
bill at the end of the month.

I think I had about 30GB data transfer or so & a few other things and they
sent me a bill for USD 0.70 ish (not at lot I know lol), but potentially it
could be in the thousands of dollars or more if you are not careful. Is
there a region that is "best" to use? AWS' internet is pretty fast, I
transfered a file from 12GB file from Google Drive using Chrome in the VM
in about 15 or so seconds.

Also I noted that there are many entries in /var/log/auth.log that many
people try to connect via SSH (username byebye is a popular one for some
reason), more connection attempts than my home internet connection gets
perhaps

Many Thanks.