[tor-relays] Recent wave of abuse on Tor guards

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:43:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

You can block inbound connections if you like, but it's only a partial
mitigation for the attack.

> On 22 Dec 2017, at 06:42, mick <mbm at rlogin.net> wrote:
>
> So: My logs show Tor staying up for around 10 minutes at a time before
> rebooting with the following sort of entries:
> Dec 21 16:35:20.951
> [notice] Based on detected system memory, MaxMemInQueues is set to 369
> MB. You can override this by setting MaxMemInQueues by hand.

Please set MaxMemInQueues to the amount of free RAM available
to Tor, minus a few hundred megabytes for other data structures.

Please also increase the number of file descriptors available to Tor,
if possible on your system.