[tor-relays] exit relay

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 22:18:31 UTC 2017

On 15 Dec 2017, at 09:14, Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:

>> On 12/14/2017 11:08 PM, Sebastian Hahn wrote:
>> If you don't want to run an Exit relay, set ExitRelay 0.
> Not needed IMO - I'm under the impression that nowadays with recent Tor versions a user must opt-in to configure Tor to be an exit.

No, we have not changed this default.
And if we do change it, we will remove the warning seen by the operator.

The latest manual page says:

ExitRelay 0|1|auto
Tells Tor whether to run as an exit relay. If Tor is running as a non-bridge server, and ExitRelay is set to 1, then Tor allows traffic to exit according to the ExitPolicy option (or the default ExitPolicy if none is specified).
…
If ExitRelay is set to "auto", then Tor behaves as if it were set to 1, but warns the user if this would cause traffic to exit. … (Default: auto)