[tor-relays] Is your IPv6 relay not Running?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 23:09:39 UTC 2017

> On 13 Dec 2017, at 17:09, tor <tor at anondroid.com> wrote:
>
> +1, thanks for working on IPv6!
>
> Just curious and didn't see an answer on the roadmap -- do bandwidth authority measurements ever happen over IPv6?

This is up to the individual operators, but I can tell you the defaults.

There's a few different places we could use IPv6, I'll answer
from the client (bandwidth scanner) end:

Client to entry: IPv6 is an option that is not on by default
Entry to exit: relays do not connect to each other over IPv6,
                       this is coming in 0.3.3 or 0.3.4 if we get the work done
Exit to server: tor clients use IPv6 when available in recent Tor versions
                         the operator would need to configure a server on an
                         IPv6 or dual-stack DNS address