[tor-relays] Issues with faravahar?

tor tor at anondroid.com
Tue Dec 12 21:17:30 UTC 2017

>I am getting this too, I saw this the logs a few months ago and didn't think
>anything of it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Faravahar has a long history of misbehavior:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2015-November/008097.html
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2017-January/011627.html

(and other threads, I'm sure.)

It has some sort of caching proxy in front of it, which seems to be responsible for the occasional 502 errors.

>this time though I ran Wireshark while started tor, and it appears tor is
>transmitting encrypted info over port 80.

>Surely tor shouldn't be transmitting unencrypted messages?

I'm not an expert on the protocol but you may just be looking at responses from the proxy in front of Faravahar?

​