[tor-relays] DoS attacks on multiple relays

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 00:02:26 UTC 2017

> Outbound addresses aren't secret, because they are used for connections.
>
>     Roger has claimed here that some of them are indeed secret in the sense
> that their owners do *not* want them to be published
>
> Then maybe you should respect their wishes?

Exactly. Just like bridges that want to keep quietly doing
their own good work without being autoblocked all to hell.
Why the fuck people keep trying to expose different-IP exits
and harken for their compliance with some random bs when
Tor is supposed to be all about circumvention and privacy
and independance of operators to the cause... is beyond me.
And that TPO Inc seems bent on publishing them too... ugh.
Leave them alone.

For that matter, what of operators that run VPN termination
to offer users UDP and IP, or I2P or other networks, messaging,
storage, webservers, coins, etc on the same IP's... calls to out
them for "security", "reasons", or whatever too?

Stick to actual bad-exits, bad-relays, statistical anomaly divining
of relays. Build better code and relay operator social / WoT proofing
groups, explore parameters for subscribable selection sets, etc.