[tor-relays] ISP is aking me to send a selfie holding my identity card

Ralph Seichter m16+tor at monksofcool.net
Fri Dec 8 13:26:07 UTC 2017

Quoting myself, because of neurons firing slowly today:

> I have rented servers with several European hosters and have not once
> been asked for ID.

It just occurred to me that some hosters might have considered my credit
card information as an indirect proof of ID ("The credit card company
probably verified this guy") or simply not give a damn as long as they
have this data to make sure they get paid. Then again, there are other
hosters where I use different payment methods, and still nobody ever
asked me for ID.

-Ralph