[tor-relays] ISP is aking me to send a selfie holding my identity card

Tanous tanous at protonmail.com
Fri Dec 8 00:54:04 UTC 2017

Hi,
Im running an exit relay for 116 days. Today i received an email from my ISP saying that my account has been locked for security reasons.
They asked me to send a copy of my identity card and a selfie holding it. I found that very odd and i feel uncomfortable sending that data to them.
Should i give up to running my exit relay and find another ISP?
By the way, i had received an abuse complaint a day before, due to Brute force attempts.

Best Regards,

Tanous