[tor-relays] So long and thanks for all the abuse complaints

James tor-relays at uplinkzero.com
Mon Dec 4 10:59:15 UTC 2017

As a private individual, after just receiving my 4th abuse complaint in as
many days it's time to stop running my exit node. Prior to today I'd
receive on average 1-2 complaints a month (I had a fairly strict exit
policy). It saddens me that I have to shut it down, especially as it's one
of very few running on BSD, but I just don't have the time to constantly
respond to abuse complaints to ensure I don't get shut down by the upstream
provider. If there are any devs on this list, some kind of mechanism to
detect and block abuse traffic on exit would go a long way to ensuring
legitimate use of the network, that is after all why people run exit nodes.
It's at least why I did.

Thank you to everyone else running an exit node. I hope you're able to keep
yours going for a lot longer than I.

James