[tor-relays] Tor relay making normal internet unusable

Andrew Deason adeason at dson.org
Wed Aug 30 06:35:39 UTC 2017

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 01:12:31 -0400
Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 12:53:39PM +0930, W Howard wrote:
> > Thanks for the information. I wanted to run a relay from home to
> >support the project but I may instead contribute financially.
>
> You could do both! :) That is, run a non-exit relay from home, and
> also donate.
>
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#ExitPolicies

Also, if you want to run an exit relay and are willing to spend money,
you can buy hosting somewhere else, and just run an exit relay there (so
it's not at home). Some hosts are okay with this, but most are not, so
you need to check. People sometimes report their experiences running
exit relays on various hosts here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs

You can get more specific recommendations by asking around. I have an
exit on FlokiNET, and they seem okay.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason at dson.org