[tor-relays] OS diversity of tor relays (was Re: Relay uptime versus outdated Tor version)

Ybslik contact at ybslik.xyz
Sun Aug 20 23:06:16 UTC 2017

Hi all,

             I have been following the emails with intrigue. I run a
Windows10 system at home through Virgin Media Hub, my package with them
is the 300Mbps one. I recently had  cause to research what Tor was
about. I decided upon that research to run a Middle Relay.

  So I purchased my computer parts (I self Build my machines)  and
obtained the help of a friend to load Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. It's not a super
machine but it runs on a AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics × 2
- OS 64bit - with an SSD hard drive.

I followed the instructions on how to load the relay and set it up, took
me more than a week or so as I am no genius on Linux.

slow learning curve but we got there.

My relay is called Ybslik - it's been up and down due to my inability to
understand how to configure things within the terminal.

But with the help from StackExchange I have been able to complete some
tasks.

My small relay is now working ok and I hope adding to the Diversity of Tor.

Ybslik

Steve Bishop