[tor-relays] Relay uptime versus outdated Tor version

Chuck McAndrew chuck.mcandrew at leblibrary.com
Thu Aug 17 14:24:07 UTC 2017

Uptime used to be something to brag about. Now it just means you aren't
regularly updating. This is true for any kind of server, not just a relay.

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:17 AM, K. Besig <suprleg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lol....I'll frame it and then upgrade both...thanks for the kick in the
> rear..
>
> On Aug 16, 2017 2:34 PM, "Petrusko" <petrusko at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> And why not taking a screenshot + print it to remember :p
>>

>> tor :
>> > You'll lose your uptime, but... don't be ridiculous. It's better to
>> > keep Tor up-to-date. That uptime undoubtedly means you're running an
>> > outdated kernel too, which is not ideal. I think it would be wise to
>> > take the hit and update both.
>>
>> --
>> Petrusko
>> C0BF 2184 4A77 4A18 90E9 F72C B3CA E665 EBE2 3AE5

*The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from
Lebanon Public Libraries employees regarding the business of the library,
are government records available to the public upon request.  Therefore,
this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.  *