[tor-relays] blocking >1 connections per ip address onto Tor DirPort

niftybunny abuse at to-surf-and-protect.net
Tue Aug 15 23:21:44 UTC 2017

The “normal” classification of DDOS is more than 250000 packets/sec to your server/vps.

You could check if it is a smurf attack or x-mas or whatever, but normally you will be null routed with 250k+ or the (hopefully) good anti DDOS hardware of the ISP will kick in.

Markus

“Cheery was aware that Commander Vimes didn't like the phrase 'The innocent have nothing to fear', believing the innocent had everything to fear, mostly from the guilty but in the longer term even more from those who say things like 'The innocent have nothing to fear'.”

― Terry Pratchett, Snuff