[tor-relays] New Here

Paul Templeton paul at coffswifi.net
Fri Aug 11 13:50:28 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Have been running a mirror for a couple of years and haven't had much time to dedicate to and exit node but have finally committed to it. Found a provider that doesn't seem to have a cap on data and it will cost me about five euros a month.

Question I have is two fold. First I find that atlas.torproject.org sometime says the node is down but its running and connected. Secondly how dose the bandwidth throttling work. I have set it to 300kbits with 500kbit burst but I can see the in/out traffic staying over 1mb for large periods of time and bursting to 7/8mb. Its not a problem just curios.

Regards,

Paul
torproject.coffswifi.net