[tor-relays] significant rise in fail2ban alerts for ssh abuse

Dirk tor-relay.dirk at o.banes.ch
Thu Aug 10 20:34:03 UTC 2017

Hello,

maybe I expressed it wrong. We are quite used to the usual abuse mails
based on ssh brute forcing since we have several years of operation with
several exits out of Switzerland.
The astonishing thing is that now every one seems to have an Fail2Ban
configuration which does automatic abuse response to the abuse box and
the network operator abuse address.

I rather think this is driven by a software release which does a lot of
this automatic or semi automatic. And I would like to find the
maintainer and convince him only to write to the offical abuse email
address than additionally to the network operator.

Any hint where this improved fail2ban config comes from is welcome.

best regards

Dirk