[tor-relays] Tor exit nodes attacking SSH?

Alexander Nasonov alnsn at yandex.ru
Wed Aug 9 20:08:30 UTC 2017

me at eugenemolotov.ru wrote:
> Make a "trap" ssh server (for example on virtualbox machine
> without any sensitive data) and log in into it through tsocks.
> After that check from which ip it was logged in. This probably
> would be ip of the exit node.

What if they "bridge" mitm-ed traffic to a different host?

I saw a similar ssh warning few weeks ago but I wasn't prepared to
identify the bad exit. I set SafeLogging to 0 and I will enable
debugging via SIGUSR2 next time this happens. Can someone confirm
whether it's a good way of identifying bad exits?

--
Alex