[tor-relays] ORSN DNS servers vs OpenNic

Petrusko petrusko at riseup.net
Sat Aug 5 16:57:14 UTC 2017

On my LAN I'm using Unbound, forwarding all requests to "root servers".

I've read it's not really cool for a high traffic server, to preserve
those root servers...?
But for home, I think it's perfect.

For an exit, why not using too a dns cache as Igor said, may be less
agressive for the root servers ? :

    On your node, run dnsmasq with a large (10000) cache as a fast and
    secure alternative to running a full DNS server. That can prevent some
    DNS-based timing attacks.

Is it a good idea to use those roots servers ?
I'm not 100% sure about requests because of MITM attack, but better than
GoogleDNS ?