[tor-relays] Go home GeoIP, you're drunk.

Ralph Seichter tor-relays-ml at horus-it.de
Thu Aug 3 21:52:00 UTC 2017

I moved a Tor relay to new hardware, keeping the keys. Both old and new
server are located in Germany and provided by the same hosting company.
After the latest Atlas update, I was surprised to see that the IPv4
address is listed as belonging to an AS in Ukraine. A little more
digging returned Guangzhou, China, as the supposed location based on the
server's IPv6 address.

Is there anything I can/should do about this (I doubt it)? Will this
affect my Tor node consensus weight? As it is not an exit node, I am
hoping it won't matter much.

-Ralph