[tor-relays] [tor-talk] TOR problems - seriously PLEASE HELP ME!

Duncan Guthrie dguthrie at posteo.net
Wed Apr 26 00:22:13 UTC 2017

On 24.04.2017 12:30, Jonathan Marquardt wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:16:23PM +0200, unpublished wrote:
>> 3. How to change the end node of the country (eg country from which I
>> am
>> POLAND)?
>
> Here's a simple guide on how to do that:
> http://www.wikihow.com/Set-a-Specific-Country-in-a-Tor-Browser

You should attach a sever warning with this advice - this is in general
quite a bad idea. Setting Tor to exit from only one IP address, or a
specific set of IP addresses - in this case, by geographical location
(assuming that GeoIP is always accurate, which is not the case) - will
single you out. This makes it easier to combine with other information,
and fingerprint you. In the worst case scenario, this might result in
removal of anonymity.

-D