[tor-relays] Some n00b questions about exits

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Apr 14 20:44:37 UTC 2017

On 14.04.2017 19:27, Mirimir wrote:
> For exits, speed is better than persistence, right?

There is no scientific answer to that, but I would say aim for at least
10 days per month.

> Also, I can choose VPS in UK vs DE vs US. Which is needed most? And am I
> right that a DE exit will generate the least hassle?

https://compass.torproject.org/

-> group relays by country

Then, ideally avoid ISPs that already have a lot of guard or exit
probability. Ideally you want to add more exit capacity where there is
no guard probability, and the other way round, so an ISP does not see
too much of both.

In terms of "hassle", it should stay the same no matter where the exit
is. The ISPs upstream might react differently: depending on VPS provider
they simply use IP addresses by varying providers instead of their own AS.