[tor-relays] Reducing Exit Node Connections

Colin colin at awakening.io
Thu Apr 13 19:54:37 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I'm having difficulties running exit nodes on VPS provided by Pulse Servers.

Conntrack shows the number of connections climbing to 30,000 and this is untenable (at least for the cheap vps from this provider).

I have tried MaxAdvertisedBandwidth at many settings with the same results, number of connections eventually climbs to around 30k.

I'm interested in input regarding:

* is it possible to reduce the number of connections, how does one achieve this?
* given I have no other points of reference, is 30k connections on a typical low-cost VPS unreasonable?
* anything else I should be considering?

Thanks all.
--
Colin