[tor-relays] lets increase Tor's IPv6 exit capacity: list of IPv6 exits that do not allow IPv6 exiting (outdated tor or missing torrc option)

Michael Armbruster tor at armbrust.me
Wed Apr 5 01:18:05 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-05 at 01:00, nusenu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a few IPv6 related stats to OrNetStats one of them gives you a
> list of exits that have an IPv6 ORPort but do not allow IPv6 exiting,
> lets make this list shorter ;)
>
> https://github.com/ornetstats/stats#ipv6-relay-stats
> https://github.com/ornetstats/stats/blob/master/o/non-IPv6_Exits_with_IPv6_ORPort.txt
>
> If you are on this list:
> Make sure you run tor version >=0.2.9.10/>=0.3.0.3-alpha
> and have 'IPv6Exit 1' in your torrc.
>
> thanks for running (IPv6) exits!
> nusenu

Hi,

I was on this list and thought I definitely would not find me there :D

Updated Tor to 0.2.9.10 now (had some problems unfortunately due to some
changes with the latest systemd and how it seems to handle capabilities
now, the Arch Linux packages does not work anymore out of the box, I
have to manually comment out the "User=tor" line in the systemd service
file and instead use the "User" directive in the torrc file, but ok).

I hope this works now. "IPv6Exit 1" is set and hopefully, everything
works (at least in an hour after the next consensus is published). Feel
free to shoot me a message again if that's not the case.

I used the opportunity to change my contact details to a longer PGP key
id to not rely on those unsecure 32-bit ids anymore.

Best,
Michael