[tor-relays] Tor abuse complaints (per MBit/s)

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Thu Sep 29 18:42:00 UTC 2016

> Thanks for pointing that out!
> This is a preliminary report, so there are many questions this report doesn’t
> answer yet.
> We know that compared to the total exit relay traffic the number of complaints
> is probably pretty negligible and we will take that into account in final report.

From your answer I assume you think I was trying to say "but the abuse
rate is quite low for that kind of bandwidth" - I was not trying to say
that.

What I was actually trying to point at was:
Since the number of abuse emails significantly increased over time an
uneducated guess would be "oh tor abuse is increasing", but I rather
think that torservers' ressources increased over time - which allowed
them to:
1) push more traffic
2) get better hosting with allowed them to run a more open exit policies

If such things would be reflected in these graphs potential exit
operators probably wouldn't assume that over time they will get more
complains.

Such over time graphs should probably only be made for a static
(non-changing) exit policy (so you would have to draw per-exit graphs
with probably shorter time-spans).