[tor-relays] Request for Tor abuse complaints

Sadia Afroz sadia at icsi.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 28 11:31:17 UTC 2016

Dear exit operators,
Can you please share the abuse complaints you received while running an exit?

We are researchers from Univ. of California, Berkeley and Univ. of Massachusetts Amherst are interested in understanding what kind of abuse happens through Tor.  Thanks to Moritz Bartl from Torservers.net <http://torservers.net/> we analyzed over 1GB of complaints received over 6 years.
Here is our preliminary analysis of the complaints:  http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~sadia/tor_abuse_complaints.pdf <http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~sadia/tor_abuse_complaints.pdf>

We will appreciate if you can share the abuse complaints you received.
It will be valuable for us to better understand the abuse of Tor and to find solutions to reduce abuse.

Best,
Sadia