[tor-relays] "Potentially dangerous relay groups"

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:48:23 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.net> wrote:
> Any actual rationale, other than "do as I say"? And aside from linking to the
> man page which doesn't provide one EITHER.

The ambiguity problems are long known, leading to it going away.
Feel free to search historical references and better document things.

Though I endorse it, I didn't make it up, so it's not me.

> The only problem I can imagine with this is that Nefarious People can run a
> my family, possibly knocking out one of my actual relays out of it. But what

It may require bidirectional assertion, at least it should.
See search like above, and torspec.

> Then expect the number of people to even bother with MyFamily, to dwindle

The line counts just posted debunk this.
Both fp and nick are currently accepted (as well as random garbage) so
no dwindle possibility there, and when they bother, orders of magnitude
bother to do it right.